Skip to content

Ideas for FutureMe

We’re always to eager to hear ideas for the FutureMe community. Either vote on an existing idea or enter a new one!

10 results found

1. Have a 2nd address in case the first is returned by server.

I've had the same yahoo address for years, but things change in time. It would be nice to have a second address for the system to try if the first is returned undeliverable by server.

640 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can change your email and the email associated with letters already .

The tricky issue is if you lose access to your old email and end up locked out an unable to log in – so make sure that you change your FutureMe account email before that happens.

2. Allow us to 'LOCK' our messages

So I don't get tempted to read the messages, I want to be able to LOCK THEM. I only want to read them on the day I have set them to be sent. Knowing myself, i will try and have a peak, and spoil the suprise!

345 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Anonymous Support

Let us anonymously email contributors suffering hard times. They don't have our email, we don't have theirs, they just get a supportive msg.

131 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting idea…a challenge for this would be to prevent abuse and try to ensure the feedback is indeed supportive and not pithy, mean, spam, etc…but I like the idea. Perhaps letter writers could check a box for “Allow Comments”, but we would have to build a moderation system which isn’t easy.

4. Futureme should allow text messages

Texts to your mobile phone are more personal and higher impact! I could even help fund it! Ash

69 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this already by sending an email to your phone number @ your carrier – for example: 1231231234@txt.att.net

If you search the web, you can find a list of domains for specific carriers.

(Note that we do not do any special formatting for txt so if your note is too long…it will be broken up…We might do a an SMS-specific formatting feature at some point in the, ah hem, future…)

(…also note that you’re responsible for data charges)

5. Resend email every year option

I think it would be nice, if you could have an email send year after year. Like "Today your kid took his first steps" and be reminded of that date every year.

63 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. have an option for permanently hiding a sent message in the delivery outbox

I think this would be great for registered users who use the site frequently. Hiding the message instead of seeing it for delivery would be more exciting and you're more apt to forget about writing it.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Retrieve letters sent before an account was made

Do some scouting, and make it possible to retrieve letters that I sent before I made my account! Like, for example, if ABC makes a letter, THEN creates an account, he can't see the letter he sent and I feel really lost without it :( So if we signed up using ABC@gmail.com, then we should be able to have the letters sent to ABC@gmail.com. Please?

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As long as the first letter was confirmed, then it will be added to the new account with the same email.

If the original letter was not confirmed, then indeed it might be lost…for now – but we are working on a feature to give you the option to merge in these older letters.

8. How to cancel mail

Wrote amail to my gf half year before while we were in big agrument, i am so regretful to worte that,and afraid of hurting her by my words again.I really nned to cancel it.jst tellmehow to do

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. API

Maybe an API? For devloppers? Should be cool.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Keep Allowing Users To See Specific 'Arrival Date' of Written Letters

I love using FutureMe and while the new beta version is clean and looks fantastic...it strips users of the ability to see what date their previously written letters will arrive on. I liked that feature because I could ensure I didn't send two letters to the same date. I'd like this over the current system which simply says how many months/years the letters are poised to arrive when looking through one's account.

That or the option to use FutureMe under the old platform opposed to the new, rolled out version. That would be extremely welcome for users who face issues…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your thoughts and feedback – very helpful!

We have added a "Return to the old site’ link in the header (once you are signed in)

We can pretty easily add back in specific dates…we thought it would be a little more fun to have some mystery…but I can see where you’re coming from. Would love to hear more about how exactly you use FutureMe and other ideas we could pursue – please feel free to drop a line directly to feedback@futureme.org

• Don't see your idea?

Ideas for FutureMe

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base